[pianotech] Worst Kawaii ever

Ken & Pat Gerler kenneth.gerler at prodigy.net
Wed Nov 25 07:49:08 MST 2009

Ric,
It sounds like the dealer's tech was not up on things. YEARS ago when I was
doing work for a dealer, anything like that I reported back to the
manufacture and it didn't leave the store until it was corrected.
Unfortunately there are dealers that don't want the techs to do BUT just the
basics. That is why you find they are not there for the long run. Their
reputation gets around and the "general public" goes to the reputable
dealers.

I have been in pianos with jiffy leads added to keys. Getting into the
action and keys; getting all action centers to proper friction, I remove all
the jiffy leads. Jiffy leads are quick - take, maybe, 10% of the time to
doing it "right".

Ken Gerler