[pianotech] Ibach Grand

PAULREVENKOJONES at aol.com PAULREVENKOJONES at aol.com
Wed Nov 25 13:39:52 MST 2009

A question from a colleague which I can't answer; anyone?

 I am tuning an Ibach grand with a movable action.  It has 99  possible
notes only 85 keys.  It moves to the left if you want to play  really low bass
notes, or it moves right it you want to play higher than usual  treble
notes.  It moves a 5th in either direction.  Where is  A440?  Which position
should I have the action in when I start?  At  this point it's a 50/50 guess, I
have started with the action moved to the right  and the strings seem a
little slack, piano sounds ok though so it could be in my  head.  Thanks for
your help, hope I am making  sense.