[pianotech] To Don, Mark, and Roger. Was Jeannie, etc.

David Ilvedson ilvey at sbcglobal.net
Fri Nov 27 12:25:53 MST 2009

I think a lot of this discussion is from a fantasy world many piano technicians seem to be living in...are we really expecting a brand new piano to be regulated, tuned and voiced to a knat's hair before it will sell?   Is this not a little self-serving...how many of you have talked about the need for their newly hung hammers to be played in before more voicing?   I think these factory hammers have been pretty recently installed also...new parts...things change with playing and acclimation...I love Yamaha's Service Bond.   I think more manufacturers should take the same approachh.   I think of it as a breaking in period...wood, wire, wool...

David Ilvedson, RPT
Pacifica, CA  94044