[pianotech] To Don, Mark, and Roger. Was Jeannie, etc.

David Love davidlovepianos at comcast.net
Fri Nov 27 14:03:22 MST 2009

I like the service bond idea but wish they would pay more in line of the
requirements.

David Love
www.davidlovepianos.com

I think a lot of this discussion is from a fantasy world many piano
technicians seem to be living in...are we really expecting a brand new piano
to be regulated, tuned and voiced to a knat's hair before it will sell?   Is
this not a little self-serving...how many of you have talked about the need
for their newly hung hammers to be played in before more voicing?   I think
these factory hammers have been pretty recently installed also...new
parts...things change with playing and acclimation...I love Yamaha's Service
Bond.   I think more manufacturers should take the same approachh.   I think
of it as a breaking in period...wood, wire, wool...

David Ilvedson, RPT
Pacifica, CA  94044