[pianotech] agraffe prep redux

William Monroe bill at a440piano.net
Fri Nov 27 18:20:31 MST 2009

Jude,

Like Paul, I find the Q-tip (when given a gentle shove) does well to
take the necessary shape when polishing.  I think the photos give a
pretty good example.

William R. Monroe

I like the idea of polishing the agraffe holes with Q-tips (and Paul's
photos microscopic images certainly made a nice demonstration), but I
have not been able to find any Q-tips where the diameter of the shank
allowed me to get in deep enough. As a result I still continue to
floss with a very high grit abrasive cord. Q-tip suggestions?

Jude Reveley, RPT