[pianotech] To Don, Mark, and Roger. Was Jeannie, etc.

J Patrick Draine jpdraine at gmail.com
Sat Nov 28 07:07:52 MST 2009

While there's ben a certain amount of "pie in the sky" wishful thinking in
this thread, Wim (see quote below) brings the discussion to the
commoditization of pianos. And, of course, this applies to darn near every
item someone is interested in buying. If the market forces didn't lead all
piano retailers to discount heavily from MSRP, the little guys would still
be doing OK while doing amazing prep work.
Fortunately piano technicians can still choose to NOT commoditize
themselves!
Patrick Draine