[pianotech] wippen

Marshall Gisondi pianotune05 at hotmail.com
Sun Nov 29 12:36:55 MST 2009

Hi Marcel,

Thanks.  Yes I'm more than likely going to repin that baby.  The odd thing is, I ordered or thought I ordered one of r the aluminum rail because my other choice was for a wood bead rail.  So in your opinion, why did the new one come with the wrong kind of flange even though it was for a metal rail?  Thanks again

Marshall

Marshall Gisondi Piano Technician
Marshall's Piano Service
pianotune05 at hotmail.com
215-510-9400
Graduate of The School of Piano Technology for the Blind www.pianotuningschool.org Vancouver, WA

Hi Marshall,

For your wippen thing, you have to carefully look at the dimensions. Sometimes the wippens can be the same and the flange not. Also,some wippens are designed for aluminum rails (smaller notch). If the center-pin distance to the hole is the same, you could re-notch the new flange. If not, use the old flange.

Marcel