[pianotech] Oversized tuning pins

David Love davidlovepianos at comcast.net
Sun Nov 29 15:48:16 MST 2009

I find the best approach is to simply run a drill through that's the
appropriate size for the new diameter pin you are going to use.  That way
you don't have to wonder whether to go up one size or two sizes and you get
some fresh wood against the new tunings pins.  Also, now pins come in half
sizes so you can take the minimal amount of material and target the smallest
change necessary or use the lo-torque pins or both.

David Love
www.davidlovepianos.com