[pianotech] Young Chang G157 (serial#064353) action spread

steven stokes info at aaapiano.com
Sun Nov 29 19:36:18 MST 2009

List,
I believe this problem with Young Chang  action problems has been discussed in the past, but this is my first encounter with one.  Upon arrival last Friday to tune one of these beasts, I discovered all hammers blocking against the strings from A0 to C8.
Can any of you folks that have done this repair give me some advice?
Will Young Chang supply parts under warantee?
What is a reasonable cost or number of hours for this repair?
Do they typically require complete regulation after replacement of parts?  (It does not seem any goofy regulation has been done by a technician)
Any other pitfalls that you have encountered?

Steve Stokes
AAA Piano Service
El Dorado Hills, CA 95762