[pianotech] O.T. What do you do to keep fit?

pianolover 88 pianolover88 at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 30 14:41:49 MST 2009

>Terry,

> Great videos on youtube. I'll bet you've figured out how to take home a
> grand action with that rig! :-)
>
> Tom Cole

No I haven't carried a piano action while riding my Uni...but I have hopped OFF a piano, lol! Glad to see so many of you are taking an active role in fitness! When I started doing extreme unicycling about 4 years ago at age 50, I was pretty out of shape. At 5'10" I had a 35" waist, double chin, little stamina or much leg strength. My metabolism had always been high even up to my mid 30's, but then it started slowing down and without much exercise, it was only a matter of time.

Now, at almost 54, I've drop 5 inches off my waist (currently 30") trimmed down to 145lbs, and my leg and overall core strength is at an all-time high. My metabolism is also greatly increased and I burn off calories even while I sleep! I ride almost daily, and have met hundreds of others who ride MUni (Mountain unicycling) and also "street" and "Trials" type riding. I belong to an online community with more than 22,000 member world-wide. It has literally transformed my life and has been nothing but a positive thing for me. It just makes EVERYTHING better, including my work!

By the way, I was profiled in a the book about athletes of 50 called, "Dream It, Live It, Love It! : Setting the Pace: The First Ten Interviews". The full 300 page book, with all 50 interviews, will be out in early 2010. There so many amazing and inspirational stories and it's just a great read! Especially for anyone who thought they were too old to get in the best shape of their lives!

Here's a short intro from the author, Don McGrath:
http://athletes.50interviews.com/2009/terry-peterson-not-too-old-or-two-tired/

Cheers,

Terry Peterson

Accurate Piano Service
UniGeezer.com
"Over 50, and not "2" Tired!"

> Date: Sun, 29 Nov 2009 23:19:43 -0800
> From: tcole at cruzio.com
> To: pianotech at ptg.org
> Subject: Re: [pianotech] O.T. What do you do to keep fit?
>
> Terry,
>
> Great videos on youtube. I'll bet you've figured out how to take home a
> grand action with that rig! :-)
>
> Tom Cole
>
> pianolover 88 wrote:
> > Hey Will, that sounds like a great routine you have going there! I've
> > been meaning to get into yoga, and now you have inspired me to start!
> >
> > Oh, and yes, MUni (Mountain unicycling) and extreme unicycling in
> > general, is an amazing core strengthening sport! It will also give you
> > legs of steel, a super fit cardiovascular system, and guarantee you
> > LOTS of comments (mostly positive haha) from onlookers!
> >
> > Terry Peterson
> > Accurate Piano Service
> > UniGeezer.com <http://unigeezer.com/>
> > "Over 50, and not "2" Tired!"
> > <http://clk.atdmt.com/GBL/go/177141664/direct/01/%0Ahttp://clk.atdmt.com/GBL/go/177141664/direct/01/>

Hotmail: Trusted email with Microsoft's powerful SPAM protection. Sign up now.