[pianotech] Warranties

David Love davidlovepianos at comcast.net
Fri Oct 2 18:45:18 MDT 2009

Again, this isn't exactly the situation.  I'm not talking about a warranty
situation (the piano needing warranty repairs) where the issuer of the
warranty, as Israel pointed out, needs to be given the option to take care
of it and therefore can choose who that person is that does the repair.
This is a case of voiding a warranty by virtue of having someone else tune
the piano when nothing yet has gone wrong.

David Love

www.davidlovepianos.com

Baldwin did it for years, sort of. I live in a 2 store town and whenever I
ran across a warranty issue on a Baldwin(back when Baldwin was Baldwin)if I
wasn't working for the dealer or hadn't been to "Baldwin school" I had to
turn it over to the dealer.

After I went through this a few times I just referred the customers to the
dealer when I ran across a warranty problem because I wasn't going to waste
my time with the run around from Baldwin. I also wasn't going ot jack up my
phone bill, for years they refused to have a toll free number for technical
service, you had to call them on your dime.

Mike

--
I intend to live forever. So far, so good.
Steven Wright

Michael Magness
Magness Piano Service
608-786-4404