[pianotech] Broken Agraffe

Kerry kerrykean at att.net
Thu Oct 8 12:58:33 MDT 2009

Another trick is to take a flat-head screwdriver a little narrower than the
agraffe hole, and file half of the head to a sharp edge.  Then turn it over
and do the same to the other side (so the two sharp edges are off-set),
gently tap it into the broken part in the plate until it catches and back it
out. I've had good luck with this one, and it's something to do with those
old worn-out screwdrivers.

Kerry Kean

www.ohiopianotuner.com <http://www.ohiopianotuner.com/>

  _____