[pianotech] Broken Agraffe

Norm Barrett barr8345 at bellsouth.net
Thu Oct 8 21:06:03 MDT 2009

The easiest way to remove a broken agraffe if you can drill straight is
to obtain a left spiral drill bit and start drilling. the bit will grab
pretty quickly and spin the agraffe right out. Its a good idea to
centerpunch the agraffe so the bit does not wander to start with.
Machine shop supply have the left hand bits. The last ones I bought were
from MSC. ( Manhattan Supply  Company.)
Norm Barrett