[pianotech] Problem w/ Shop Lighting

phil at emvkeys.ca phil at emvkeys.ca
Wed Oct 14 19:15:33 MDT 2009

Try powering your radio from the opposite leg of AC or at least a
separate circuit from what your fluorescents are powered, assuming your
lights are 110v.  Also, try grounding the chassis of your radio directly
to a better ground source, like the metal frame of your steel building.

Carlos Ralon wrote:
>> Hi,
>> My new shop is a pole barn 40 x 34 w/ metal sides and roof. Fully
>> insulated and conditioned, but with 4 rows of florescent tubes.
>> Plenty of light but absolutly very bad radio reception.  An outside
>> FM antenna helps a little, but not much and no AM reception. We are
>> in a rural area. When the lights are off the radio works fine.  Any
>> suggestions about further filtering?

  /Artist Piano Care/
E X C E L L E N C E ~ F I N E LY  T U N E D
 web: www.artistpianocare.ca
    tel: 416-907-3562
    cel: 905-626-3727
   phil at artistpianocare.ca