[pianotech] Unusual dampers

Gerald Groot tunerboy3 at comcast.net
Tue Sep 1 18:42:34 MDT 2009

They look like the teeth of a hobo..

From: pianotech-bounces at ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces at ptg.org] On Behalf
Of pianolover 88
Sent: Tuesday, September 01, 2009 11:24 AM
To: pianotech at ptg.org
Subject: [pianotech] Unusual dampers

These are from the Pease grand, circa 1909, that I'm working on. Notice the
strange 3-pronged bi chord damper felts! First time I've ever seen this
type. Not sure what the advantage over the typical wedge shape would be, but
maybe they damp slightly faster since these touch *both* sides of the bi
chords, making contact at all 4 sides?

Terry Peterson
Accurate Piano Service
 <http://unigeezer.com/> UniGeezer.com
"Over 50, and not "2" Tired!"

  _____

With Windows Live, you can organize, edit, and share your photos. Click
<http://www.windowslive.com/Desktop/PhotoGallery>  here.

  _____

Virus Database (VPS): 090901-0, 09/01/2009
Tested on: 9/1/2009 8:42:34 PM