[pianotech] Tuning wrench tip threads?

MPianotex at aol.com MPianotex at aol.com
Thu Sep 3 08:18:17 MDT 2009

I just bought 2 tunung heads from
schaff and found that do NOT fit the Hale hammers that I have. Schaff says
that they won't take it back because they sent what I ordered.
They suggested that I should have the hammer rethreaded by a tool and die
maker, which would cost more that a new hammer.

In a message dated 9/3/2009 9:15:43 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
hoffsoco at luther.edu writes:

On  9/3/09, Jon Page <jonpage at comcast.net> wrote:
> I thought the tap  and die size to use was 3/8" with 27 tpi
> --
>
>  Regards,
>
> Jon Page

Not with  Schaff...

--
Conrad Hoffsommer, RPT - Keyboard Technician
Luther  College, 700 College Dr.,