[pianotech] Restoration: Free for Fame?

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Fri Sep 4 22:37:11 MDT 2009

Rob Goodale wrote:
> So... If your trying to make a living and can't afford to work for
> free for a fabulous moment of "fame" apparently you are in on a
> conspiracy!  I had know idea I was part of such a devilish insider group!

What appalls me about this is the re-re-re-re-revisitation of
the near universal presumption that "restoration" of pianos
equals refinishing, since the furniture is the only thing that
matters, and the insides (function) aren't important. The rest
is usual second level sheep dip.

But then aren't the folks being asked to travel half way
across the country on their nickel to teach at conventions and
seminars being asked to do the same thing?
Ron N