[pianotech] Restoration: Free for Fame?

Don Mannino donmannino at ca.rr.com
Sat Sep 5 09:37:55 MDT 2009

What an interesting story.

At some point the producer will perhaps realize that technicians are all very small businesses (i.e., 1 person!) which cannot afford to do multiple weeks worth of work without pay.

Also, who wants national exposure?  So if you get a rush of 20 requests for rebuilds from all over the country, it would be a huge headache.  Most shops couldn't accomodate them, and then come all the hassles of servicing out of town rebuilds.

Maybe they will find one of the more production oriented rebuilding shops that could handle doing it.

Don Mannino