[pianotech] Hearing protection

Robin Stevens pianobee at bigpond.com
Sat Sep 5 17:30:43 MDT 2009

You must have missed the show on TV called Hospital emergency, or something
like that,  where a "do it yourself" ear plug fitter got the mould in and
they would not come out ;-( after a very painful procedure the doctor
finally got them out. Morel of the story....Get them fitted by a proper
technician! I have used proper ear plugs for two years now and it was the
best money I have ever spent.

You buy expensive tools, why settle for makeshift el cheapo ear plugs.

Robin Stevens ARPT

South Australia

I got a set of mold yourself ear plugs. It's a two part system.. You mix
parts A and B together and put them in your ear for about 10 minutes while
they set up. They are very comfortable, and I find they allow a broader
range of frequencies through than conventional earplugs. I got them at
Wal-mart for under $40.

Al