[pianotech] Hearing Improvement

paul bruesch paul at bruesch.net
Tue Sep 8 22:31:12 MDT 2009

I'm not sure of every state's laws, but in Minnesota it is illegal to wear
headphones or earplugs while driving (Minnesota Statute 169.471(2)(a).)
Think about it... how are we alerted to certain events/circumstances while
driving? The police siren, the other driver without brakes who's about to
slam into you blasting his horn, the other driver locking her brakes and
screeching to, hopefully, a stop... if you have your music turned up so far
that you need earplugs to hear it, you're removing a sense (hearing) that is
very important to driving safety.

Not to mention that if you're in town (no one has said that, I know) it is
extremely annoying. Think "thumper cars."

It seems clear to me that having music turned to a volume which requires
earplugs also distracts from the business of driving, and we should not be
promoting it.  Crank 'er up to 11 when you get home.

My 2c
Paul Bruesch
Stillwater, MN