[pianotech] Charges re. Odd Pianos was Bird-Cage stuff

Conrad Hoffsommer hoffsoco at luther.edu
Thu Sep 10 04:23:46 MDT 2009

On 9/9/09, David Love <davidlovepianos at comcast.net> wrote:
> Joe:
>

> Not having tuned a lot of square grands in my time what exactly is the
> challenge?
>

> David Love

The strings run obliquely from side to side. Tuning pins are set to
the rear of the case so you have to somehow reach over and find the
right OVAL headed tuning pins.

Before I found an old double headed tip, it was a real challenge to
find the right angle with the "adapter tip" duct taped to a long
regular star tip. (you only have two choices)

--
Conrad Hoffsommer, RPT - Keyboard Technician
Luther College, 700 College Dr.,