[pianotech] Puzzler ala Wurly

Tom Driscoll tomtuner at verizon.net
Sat Sep 12 14:02:44 MDT 2009

Re: [pianotech] Puzzler ala WurlyHey Terry ,
 I guessed it first off list---Where is my cigar? <G>
 I'm with Jon. Too many of these failures up here not to know.
The best clue was the uneven damper contact with the strings.
I actually use damper timing with the pedal to position the errant side.Saves a lot of damper regulation.
(Assuming the dampers have not been screwed with)
Jon, chop the cigar in half and let's meet  at the bridge.I'll bring the Brandy.
Tom Driscoll

Bingo! You like Cuban or how 'bout made in America - rolled right here
in Tampa?

  Subject: Re: [pianotech] Puzzler ala Wurly

    Thanks Jon. Darn good tech.

  Nah, I just fixed too many of these for my liking.

  I'm surprised the block isn't separating from the back.
  Check the bottom, it's probably separating there.

    Jon Page