[pianotech] Yamaha M1?

Terry Farrell mfarrel2 at tampabay.rr.com
Thu Sep 17 08:45:15 MDT 2009

Rough value measured how?  $$?  Or musical value? I presume dollar
value.

If that is true, IMHO, once a piano is 40+ years old, it matters
little what the model is - even the importance of the manufacturer is
generally diminished. And especially in a smaller piano - a console.
What matters most is condition - and more-so cosmetic appearance that
functional condition (wish that wasn't the case, but for most folks
looks talk).

My opinion of your description of the appearance and functioning
condition of the piano is at least very good. In midwest prices, in a
private sale, I'd give a range of $600 at the low end to $1,500 at the
high end. I find it not uncommon to see some very nice little pianos
go for as little as $500 or $600. And as an example, my son's piano
teacher sold her excellent condition 1984 Yamaha P-22 a few years ago
for $2K (the P-22 studio upright being quite a bit more instrument
than the console).

And of course a Dealer would add $1K to those prices if s/he were
selling the piano in their store.

Hope this helps.

Terry Farrell