[pianotech] Possible Help with Tinnitus

Bill Thompson bthompson40207 at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 19 18:46:28 MDT 2009

Symptoms of tinnitus are often associated with Meniere's Disease.  More severe symptoms include vertigo, dizziness, and "drop out".  After going through an alarming series of tests, and imaging scans, and being told at one point that the incessant ringing in my ears could be a tumor, an ENT diagnosed my condition as Menier's Disease.  The recommended treatment was simple - eliminate sodium from my diet as much as practical (I used to be a salt addict).  I followed the recommendations, modified my diet, and started  using a salt substitute called "NoSalt" (it's not bad).  Alcohol and tobacco can also exacerbate the condition so these habits must also be addressed as appropriate.  While I have never been "cured", the low-sodium regimen greatly reduced the ringing and I have had no further symptoms of deaf ear or vertigo.

You can read more about it at the following link:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M%C3%A9ni%C3%A8re's_disease

Bill Thompson