[pianotech] Tuning Pin Replacement AFTER CA Glue

John Ross jrpiano at win.eastlink.ca
Tue Sep 22 16:02:01 MDT 2009

Re: [pianotech] Tuning Pin Replacement AFTER CA GlueOne thing to note on the drilling.
The speed used is critical.
I can't remember what happens. But, too fast is one way, and too slow is the other way, either tight or loose.
So the drill bit might have been the right size.
It always pays to do some test drillings. I like Ron's idea of two passes, which would possibly do away with the too fast or too slow scenario.
Hopefully someone will elaborate.
John Ross
Windsor, Nova Scotia.