[pianotech] soundboard glue down

jimialeggio jimialeggio at gmail.com
Thu Apr 1 06:51:10 MDT 2010

Terry's belly pic on the pinblock insert thread brought this to mind.

Terry shows a 2 piece board, main board and cutoff. That's the way I've
done it. However, in the future I think that I will be doing a one piece
board, as I think it will actually be less work than the 2 piece board.

In rim glueing a one piece board which spans the cutoff bar is, since
the crown terminates at the cutoff, is there some kind of weird flexing
that happens in the bass corner as the board transitions from curved to
flat at the cutoff?

Jim I

--
Jim Ialeggio