[pianotech] pin block inserts

Terry Farrell mfarrel2 at tampabay.rr.com
Thu Apr 1 13:47:33 MDT 2010

I forgot to add. I like how the dark panel in the cutoff turned out.
The case is veneered in some very nice "flamed" mahogany. I found some
veneers very similar and veneered a piece of plywood for the insert.
Stained it to match the case.

I really like working with the panel with the cut-out part cut off. On
this soundboard I even cut the fish extra off. Just more compact -
easier to rib, etc. - and easier to glue - I can put some nice C-
clamps on the cutoff/panel joint.

Here's how it looks strung.

I guess you could try something different each time till you find a
combo you like!

Terry Farrell