[pianotech] A better tip wrench that you already have!

Wesley Hardman whardman at scottsboro.org
Fri Apr 2 04:50:25 MDT 2010

Great tip!!  Thanks....

Wesley Hardman
Alabama
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Ryan Sowers
  To: pianotech at ptg.org
  Sent: Thursday, April 01, 2010 11:52 PM
  Subject: [pianotech] A better tip wrench that you already have!

  I love my Levitan tuning lever that I purchased from pianotek last year. Nearly as stiff and light as a Fujan, but less weird looking and only $135. The only kicker is that the head is welded to the shaft for extra rigidity, thus I can't switch tips simply by switching heads like I used to on my old lever. So I had to go back to using a tip wrench. Well, one day to my chagrin  I left it in my shop and needed to switch tips in the field. Neccesity, being the mother of invention, stimulated my creativity. I discovered that  the large flat blade screwdriver that fits in a tuning wrench for tightening plate screws used with a small crescent wrench works beautifully! Now I don't need to carry the tip wrench at all, saving several ounces in my kit!

  --
  Ryan Sowers, RPT
  Puget Sound Chapter