[pianotech] Pitch Change (was: Grey market pianos, seasoned pianos, etc.)

Gerald Groot tunerboy3 at comcast.net
Sat Apr 3 08:43:40 MDT 2010

I have read what has already been written in this thread, currently.  Ron,
I'm not going to sift through the archives.  The dissusion has been and
still is being presented now.  I'm merely adding to it as you are giving my
current thoughts on the matter again, as you are.

Have YOU had the time to do all of these measurements yourself?  If so, I
don't know how you managed to find it let alone have the patience for it.  I
haven't nor do I have the desire to do so.  Taking measurements is not the
only proof available.  When does logic and common sense ever come into play
here?

Yes, of course, everything will change from the sound board movements.  It's
"logical." :-)

As I asked, then, what else can it be?  If the piano were entirely made of
some material that did not flex in any way whatsoever, would the piano
strings still change pitch as they do?