[pianotech] Pinblock expensive experiment

Duane McGuire pianoman at duanemcguire.com
Tue Apr 6 22:56:32 MDT 2010

Well the die is cast.  I went for resawing and a new glue-up of the
pinblock.  I sliced the multi-lam down the middle and faced the top with
delignit.

I glued up with urea-formaldehyde resin and clamped the three piece sandwich
to my flat assembly table.

Hopefully tomorrow, I'll be looking at a block that's easier to work with.
I'm understanding what folks have said about clamping and screwing to the
plate, but I got intrigued with straightening it out.  Hope it works!

Thanks again for your thoughts and encouragement.

-Duane McGuire