[pianotech] renner whippen assist springs

Tom Driscoll tomtuner at verizon.net
Sat Apr 10 07:09:57 MDT 2010

List,
  In evaluation of a Petrof   7' something piano - mid 1990's with heavy touch complaints (80 + grams DW) I found the whippen assist springs to be  cut off. Spring loops are still on the flanges but only the remnants of the springs are left. I'll be calling Renner USA on monday for info on the availability of the springs, but until then can anyone shed some light on buying-making and replacing these springs?
 Thanks,
Tom Driscoll

P.S. The good news is that a sample note higher than the whipps with assist springs responded to the usual clean ,polish ,lube ,ease, regulate and ended up @ 55Gram  DW