[pianotech] X-Ratcheting Counter Bearing Shim

David Love davidlovepianos at comcast.net
Sun Apr 11 18:51:11 MDT 2010

I've produced this method of counterbearing and tried inserting felt between
the agraffes as well as not.  There doesn't seem to be any ringing if the
felt is not inserted between the counterbearing bar and the agraffe.  I do
insert felt on the tuning pin side even though that doesn't seem to produce
much ringing either.  Lately, however, I tend to insert felt on both sides
of the counterbearing bar more for looks than anything else.  It's pretty
soft felt though and doesn't apply much if any real pressure on the strings.

David Love
www.davidlovepianos.com

I like it, I have not had a lot of luck with protek on the understring felt.
You do need to have contact with the felt though or you have some ringing?

David Ilvedson, RPT
Pacifica, CA  94044