[pianotech] Type of action

John Ross jrpiano at win.eastlink.ca
Wed Apr 14 14:08:11 MDT 2010

Thank you, Jack and Patrick,
It does not have the soft pedal lifting the hammer rail.
Normal pinblock, it has new pins and strings.
The middle pedal sustains the bass.
The sustain is the split rod, same as some uprights. The damper lift,
can be adjusted by buttons and spoons.
The damper push rods, have a half moon cut out to fit the damper lift
rail. I noticed that the bass one, seems to
twist out of the fit, and rest on the edge, thereby sustaining the
bass when not wanted.
It sometimes goes back the full sustain is pressed.
It is so far out of regulation, I was wondering, if it should have
similar hammer to string distance.      i.e. 1 7/8" ?
That would give me someplace to start, I would then just make it work.
Any other differences, I should be aware of when regulating?
Thank you.
John Ross
Windsor, Nova Scotia.