[pianotech] Vehicle Recommendations

Rob McCall rob at mccallpiano.com
Fri Apr 23 22:31:54 MDT 2010

You're right, it's not for everyone.  But for California, it's a great car!  The link I sent in the previous email shows where all the other stations are.  I'll repost it here.  www.cngprices.com

At home, using a Phill unit, my cost is 58 cents/gallon.  On the road, it varies from about $1.25 in Riverside to $2.45 around LAX.  I topped off in Corona today coming back from Fullerton.  It was $1.80/Gallon today...  The nearest station to me is about 6 miles away in Temecula.  Since I'm down there all the time anyway, it's very convenient, although it is at the higher end of the range ($2.45). By the way, I was in the diamond lane (by myself) today and passed about 10 miles of standstill traffic on a Friday afternoon. Saved me at least 40 minutes of my time! That's worth a lot, too.

Even though it's 36 mpg, when I fill up at 58 cents/gallon (in my garage), that is equivalent to about 180 mpg at current gasoline prices (which is 5x more than my garage compressor, currently around $3.00/gal). Factor in a small amount of electricity and I'd conservatively say that a gasoline powered car would have to get 150 mpg to go the same distance for the same price.

The other reason it's slightly less than the other civics is because it's a 12.5/1 compression to get the same power.  Hope this helps!

Rob