[pianotech] Gulbransen Spinet Pedal

tnrwim at aol.com tnrwim at aol.com
Thu Apr 29 20:43:46 MDT 2010

Rob

I have found Gully's to be very stable pianos. I tuned one that I hadn't tune for 10 years, and accused the owner, a music teacher, of "cheating" on me, but she swore no one touched the piano. It was right on pitch, and just needed a few unisons tweaked,

The pedal is not broken, The rod has come off. That is why she can still press the pedal down, but nothing is happening. She probably let the pedal slip off her foot, which caused the bottom of the rod to come out out of the hole. At most, one of the pins in the ends of the rod has come out.

Wim