[pianotech] String rising up on the bridge pin.

George Bartlett georgebartlett at nf.aibn.com
Wed Aug 4 14:00:45 MDT 2010

Assistance reguired,
Have this old once an upright player.
High D sharp above high C has one
string that rides up on both of of its
bride pins. Looks like there was a previous problem
and the tuned popped in a new pin which was just usless.Crack in the
bridge..so I just removed it or it simply fell out.
The string appears to respond to one pin which it never
did before with both but the string rides up even when pushed down
it just resists and pushes up of the bridge. The other two strings of the treo
are fine just one with this problem. I am looking for some
advice on correcting the problem if possible without major surgery.
Regards George