[pianotech] Raising rates in recession

Terry Farrell mfarrel2 at tampabay.rr.com
Fri Jul 2 22:21:12 MDT 2010

Correct on the overpull. But I find that medium and larger sized
pianos require somewhere in the range of 38% overpull. This guy said
the piano was a semitone flat. When you pull up the pitch starting
from A0, that will cause the strings toward the treble to drop in
pitch. As the pitch raise proceeds through the tenor to the treble, I
would expect that the next note in the treble would be 130, 140 or so
cents flat, and requiring something approximating a 50 or 60 cent
overpull. Every piano is different, of course.

Terry Farrell