[pianotech] Raising rates in recession

Don pianotuna at accesscomm.ca
Sat Jul 3 08:22:47 MDT 2010

Hi Ron,

Yes, it is one of the ideas that exist. However the ETD takes time to
measure and calculate that over pull--so super fast doesn't fall within
their province.

Accurate usually, but--not always. I just did a 9 foot that was 5 to 21
cents sharp. When I finished it was 3 cents flat, so I had to tune it a
second time "on my dime". It had been tuned twice in the previous two weeks
and has a damppchaser system. Do you suppose the last tuner just didn't
bother with A440? He uses an ETD, because he must. (translation poor aural
skills)

There were several keys where repetition was a problem (jacks) due to some
one elses idea of regulation. All in all I was "at" the piano for 3.5
hours--a new record of slowness for me.

At 11:33 PM 7/2/2010 -0500, you wrote:

>I'm told over and over that ETDs calculate this stuff
>automatically, so the poor backward aural tuner doesn't have
>to guess on pitch raises. Accurate one pass pitch raises is
>one of the primary leverage points for ETD use, isn't it?
>
>Ron N
Regards,

mailto:pianotuna at yahoo.com	http://www.donrose.ca/

3004 Grant Rd. REGINA, SK, S4S 5G7