[pianotech] Pitch raising/tuning

pgmilkie at juno.com pgmilkie at juno.com
Sat Jul 3 11:26:33 MDT 2010

---------- Original Message ----------
From: "Gerald Groot" <tunerboy3 at comcast.net>
To: <pianotech at ptg.org>
Subject: Re: [pianotech] Pitch raising/tuning
Date: Sat, 3 Jul 2010 13:16:35 -0400

Thanks and you're right William.  Quality will not come from speed.  Speed
comes from speed and practice. Lots and lots of practice.  Eventually
though, we can learn to put a certain level of quality into speed at the
same time so our pitch raises are not quite so ratty sounding as when we
first started.  Quality must be learned and is extremely important.  As one
of the other posters, David I believe, said in so many words, whatever we
do, what matters most is what the piano sounds like when we're done.

My main point I guess, for the slower tuning folks, is to get the piano up
to pitch first and increase your pitch raising speed.  Then, work on the
fine tuning.

I'm leaving sometime today for a week's vacation.  If I don't reply to
anyone, it's cause "I ain't here!"  Enjoy the weekend and week everyone.

Jer