[pianotech] Raising rates in recession

Don pianotuna at accesscomm.ca
Sat Jul 3 17:48:58 MDT 2010

Hi Terry,

My usual tuning time is about 45 minutes *if* it is a repeat client, *if* I
was the last tuner and *if* I'm left alone. In this case the stage manager
kept butting his head in, so the first "tuning" was 1.5 hours.

Then he butted in one more time to tell me how the "other" tech had spent
two whole days regulating the piano. Whereupon I got annoyed and played a
note. *boing*  Then I played it immediately again. *click, click,
clickettey click*. He looked horrified.

It had been used in two performances, and no one had complained.

230 tuning pins x .5 seconds = 115 =~2 minutes (out of a 5 min pitch
correction). There is no way an ETD pitch correction can be faster than say
a "deaf" or "blind" pitch correction. It may be considerably more accurate
(usually).

At 11:52 AM 7/3/2010 -0400, you wrote:
>Maybe like a half-second. Not fast enough?
>
>Terry Farrell
>
>> Don wrote:
>>>  However the ETD takes time to
>>> measure and calculate that over pull--so super fast doesn't fall
>>> within
>>> their province.
Regards,

mailto:pianotuna at yahoo.com	http://www.donrose.ca/