[pianotech] Class in eye glasses for close-up work?

Robert Scott fixthatpiano at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 7 07:49:04 MDT 2010

I once did a mini-technical for our chapter meeting on how to specify and use special-purpose glasses for close-up work.  Consider that bifocals or progressive lenses are made for reading, so the close-up view is through the bottom of the glasses.  That does not always work out well.  Adjusting dampers on a grand especially comes to mind.  The class covered the basics of optical prescriptions and how they might apply to special-purpose glasses.  My only reservation is that the material might take much less than 1.5 hours to cover.  But if there is interest, I might find a way to fill it out.

Robert Scott
Ypsilanti, Michigan