[pianotech] Class in Shop Photography?

Chuck Behm behmpiano at gmail.com
Wed Jul 7 06:53:20 MDT 2010

Hello everyone - With proposals for classes going around, I wondered if
there would be any interest in a class entitled "Shop Photography (Producing
Journal-ready Photographs of Your Own Shop Projects)"?

I know Barbara Richmond had a digital photography class at Grand Rapids last
year so this may be too similar. I wasn't able to attend her class (or any
other for that matter) because I was busy at the Schaff exhibit.

I would be willing to teach a class on the topic that I believe would be fun
and informative and very hands-on (everyone would need to bring a camera to
class). Since the "Small Shop" series began, I've had slightly over 200
photographs in the Journal, (plus have had 3 covers using my photos), so I
believe I can speak from experience on the topic.

I've had a lot of people comment positively on my photographs since I began
writing for the Journal. I know that I've learned a lot of tricks to get the
shot that works since I began, and I would love to share the techniques that
I use with others. The best news is that I use no fancy or expensive
equipment. Every photo I take is with a compact digital camera that cost
less than $200.

Anyway, just an idea. If there wouldn't be enough interest, or if it would
be too similar to the class Barbara taught, I would understand if it
wouldn't be one you would want to pick up on.  Chuck Behm

P.S. I would need to work my schedule so that I could take Ron's
woodworking class. I don't want to miss that!