[pianotech] piano values

Michael Magness ifixpiano at gmail.com
Wed Jul 7 16:26:47 MDT 2010

On Wed, Jul 7, 2010 at 3:13 PM, Marshall Gisondi <pianotune05 at hotmail.com>wrote:

> Hi Everyone,
> I checked out The Piano Book online,but all I'm finding is over a hundred
> pages of great information but nothing listing the value of the particular
> piano I'm appraising tomorrow or any list of brands and prices for that
> matter.  I clicked on the "buying guide" or "buyers guide" I believe, but I
> cannot seem to find anything that lists what a price or a section listing
> prices of pianos.  This piano is a Schumann G 80-A Serial # 8703513.  Thanks
> Marshall
>
> Marshall Gisondi Piano Technician
> Marshall's Piano Service
> *pianotune05 at hotmail.com*
> 215-510-9400
> *www.phillytuner.com *
> Graduate of The School of Piano Technology for the Blind
> www.pianotuningschool.org Vancouver, WA
>

> ------------------------------
> inbox. Learn more.<http://www.windowslive.com/campaign/thenewbusy?ocid=PID28326::T:WLMTAGL:ON:WL:en-US:WM_HMP:042010_1>

Hi Marshall,
The www.bluebookofpianos.com/
will give you the NEW price of pianos, you can take that figure adjust it to
real world prices, the prices on there are Manufacturer's Suggested Retail,
 which are rarely used by retailers who actually WANT to sell the pianos.
After adjusting them to real world, you can then adjust it for age,
condition & your location.

Checking used prices on the Internet is also an alternative idea.

If you are looking for a selling price for a customer, the bluebook offers
that service for a fee, I have appraised the condition of the piano, given
the customer the website, let them pay the fee, get the appraisal & the
approximated worth of their piano from the website.
They also get a nice little history of the manufacturer & their specific
model.

 Make certain you give APPROXIMATE prices, verbally only & tell them you are
basing them on what you've seen on internet sites, dealers floors, etc. As
Elmer Fudd tells us, be Vewwwy, Vewwwy, Cawwefull ! <grin>

Mike
--

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without
accepting it.

   Aristotle (384 BC - 322 BC)

Michael Magness
Magness Piano Service