[pianotech] Downbearing on RC&S designs was RE: Steingraeber

Joe Goss imatunr at srvinet.com
Mon Jul 12 08:38:09 MDT 2010

Hi,
 You remind me of a 1896 Hallett and Davis upright grand that had agraffes
at both temination ends drilled so that every other unison  went / up then
\ down with the board FLAT.
My first stringing job! Boy was that an education <g>
Tapered tuning pins and very stable, once the strings were seated at their
termination points.
Had the original pins reblued and used them as the block was good.

Joe Goss BSMusEd MMusEd RPT
imatunr at srvinet.com
www.mothergoosetools.com