[pianotech] Wixie inclinometer

Allen Wright akwright at btopenworld.com
Wed Jul 14 02:57:21 MDT 2010

thanks, Ron (and for the photo!). I see your point; but in the
various articles I've studied regarding crown and downbearing, mm
distances seem to be used, and not angle measurements. In the PTG
articles by Hartman, for example, he discusses how to measure
distance bearing and then calculate the amount of pressure being
exerted on the board. Do you use angles for all this - when measuring
old boards and determining how much bearing etc. to apply in new
boards? Sorry for my ignorance -- I'm a bit confused. Has the use of
this gauge been discussed in any detail previously on the list? If so
I'll dig into the archives.

Allen