[pianotech] Wixie inclinometer

jimialeggio jimialeggio at gmail.com
Wed Jul 14 07:41:13 MDT 2010

>> Sorry for my ignorance -- I'm a bit confused. Has the use of this
>> gauge been discussed in any detail previously on the list? If so I'll
>> dig into the archives.

when I first heard of the sine*tension  approach which doesn't use any
distance measurements, I was mystified at how it could work.  It does in
fact work, as I proved to myself by comparing the result against my very
long Dave Roberts style downbearing calc spreadsheet.  I guess it turns
out the the calc uses vectors rather than the high school trig we are
usually use.

Geeks who understand vectors seem to do all kinds of cool and bizarre
things with them...

Jim I

--
Jim Ialeggio