[pianotech] Business License....???

pianolover 88 pianolover88 at hotmail.com
Sat Jul 17 14:29:59 MDT 2010

Thank you. That's all I was trying to say.

Terry Peterson

Accurate Piano Service
UniGeezer.com
"Over 50, and not "2" Tired!"

From: A440A at aol.com
Date: Sat, 17 Jul 2010 16:21:46 -0400
To: pianotech at ptg.org
Subject: Re: [pianotech] Business License....???

In CA, you cannot charge tax for tuning, cleaning, pitch raising, regulation, etc., if only labor is involved. So if that is all you do, and do not sell merchandise, you don't need a business license, period.

That isn't true in Tennessee.   I have to charge tax on labor   and parts, but not on commissions. I also have to have a business license.

Regards,

Ed Foote

Ed Foote RPT