[pianotech] Abel naturals - report

Claude Harding charding88 at comcast.net
Sun Jul 18 21:44:56 MDT 2010

I have used the Abel naturals on at least two different brands of grand
pianos and found they needed very little voicing to get a sound I liked.  I
would also not describe the ones I have used as "very firm;" I would
probably describe them as "firm, but resilient."  I have not put any on a
Yamaha uprt., but it may be a case of different expectations or preferences
of tone.  I guess that is why Baskin Robbins has 31 flavors.  To each
his/her own.
Thanks for your report, Julia.
Claude Harding

  _____