[pianotech] Abel naturals - report

William Truitt surfdog at metrocast.net
Mon Jul 19 15:54:28 MDT 2010

The only thing I would add to what Dale has said is that make sure you
needle deeply enough.  I like to get pretty deep into the shoulder with my
needle(s).  If you can't push in 3 needles, then go with a single needle.
Don't be afraid, you're not going to kill the hammer in the shoulders.  As
long as your needle is still finding hard felt, you are almost never going
to get into trouble.

It's been a couple of years since my last set of Naturals, but I found them
to respond well to shoulder voicing and not rebound as much as other Abels
and Renners do.

Will Truitt