[pianotech] sostenuto

Tom Driscoll tomtuner at verizon.net
Tue Jul 20 19:36:08 MDT 2010

Ed,
   I've had my share of sostenuto problems and they usually begin with inconsistant positioning of the tabs on the damper levers. They have to be in a straight line as viewed fron the front and as viewed from the top. Keydip has to reasonably consistant so the tabs will be in line when the key is depressed. Until the damper-key regulation is uniform it is difficult to position the rod to make it all work.
    I know this is only a partial answer to the problem .
Best wishes ,
 Tom D.